Every organization is looking for Database High Availability (HA), scalability, Performance and security for all the real time environments mostly banking and financial sectors (OLTP). In this case Oracle® has been introduced the Real application clustering (RAC) in means that the transactional data will be available for any time and there is no users and customers will not impact on any circumstances. If this data is not available in production then organization to lose the business as well as negative publicity in the world. To build a highly data available (HA) infrastructure is critical to the success of all organization and will increase the Organization business growth also.
This Oracle Database 11g: RAC Administration Release 2 NEW training explores RAC database administration in the Oracle Grid Infrastructure environment. Expert instructors will help you develop the skills to administer cluster databases using Enterprise Manager and command-line utilities like SRVCTL, CRSCTL and SQL*Plus.
- Install Oracle Clusterware and Real Application Clusters.
- Administer a RAC Database.
- Administer database services in an RAC environment.
- Administer Oracle Clusterware.
- Add/Remove a node to/from a cluster.
- Patch Oracle Clusterware and RAC software.
- Upgrade and path Oracle RAC databases.
- Study the new connection architecture and how to make those connections highly available.
Benefits to You
Ensure fast, reliable, secure and easy to manage performance. Optimize database workloads, lower IT costs and deliver a higher quality of service by enabling smooth and rapid consolidation within your Datacenter.
Backup and Recovery
You’ll also study backup and recovery issues relative to cluster database environments. Explore Oracle RAC One Node, online migration and quality of service concepts. New materials and labs have been added to enhance the customer experience with the latest information.
Counts as Hands-On Certification Requirement
This course counts toward the hands-on course requirement for the following certifications:
- Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certification
- Oracle Database 10g: Real Application Clusters Administrator Certified Expert
Following are the course contents for 11gR2 RAC
1. RAC Configuration
- RAC Requirements
- RAC pre-requisite
- DNS Setup (Practical)
- Storage Setup (Practical)
- Nodes Setup (Practical)
- Grid binaries Installation (Practical)
- Database binaries Installation (Practical)
- Database creation (Practical)
- RAC Post Steps (Practical)
2. Add Node
- Setting up User Equivalence (Practical)
- Pre-Checks using cluvfy (Cluster Verification Utility) (Practical)
- Extend Clusterware (Practical)
- Extend Oracle Database binaries (Practical)
- Adding database instance to new node (Practical)
3. Delete Node
- ‘Unpin’ node. (Practical)
- Remove RAC Database Instance(s). (Practical)
- Remove RAC Database binaries. (Practical)
Remove Clusterware. (Practical)
4. RAC Startup sequence
5. Cache Fusion
- Concept of cache fusion
- Cache Coherency
- Multi-Version consistency model
- Resource Co-ordination – Synchronization
- Global Cache Service (GCS)
- Global Enqueue Service (GES)
- Global Resource Directory (GRD)
- GCS resource modes and roles
- Past Images ( PI )
- Consistence Read ( CR)
- What is OCR?
- What is stored in OCR?
- Where and how should OCR be stored?
- Who updates OCR?
- OCR Backups (Practical)
- Add an OCR file (Practical)
- Moving the OCR (Practical)
- Removing an OCR location (Practical)
- Migrating OCR from Filesystem to ASM (Practical)
- Migrating OCR from ASM to Filesystem (Practical)
- OCR Repair
- Restoring OCR from backups (Practical)
7. Voting disks
- What is Voting Disk?
- Why we require Voting Disk?
- Why we require odd number of Voting Disk
- Possible scenarios in Voting disks
- What is stored in voting disk?Where is voting disk stored? (Practical)
- Query voting disk (Practical)
- Backing up voting disk (Practical)
- Purpose of OLR
- Where is OLR located?
- What does OLR contain?
- OLR administration
- OLR Backup (Practical)
- Recovery of OLR (Practical)
9. Startup Files in Linux Server (Practical)
10. Recovery from loss of OCR & Voting Disk
- Simulation of corruption (Practical)
- Recovery of voting disk and OCR files from backup (Practical)
11. Relocate OCR and Voting Disks to a different ASM diskgroup (Practical)
12. RAC background process
- LMS Global Cache Service process
- LMON Global Enqueue Service Monitor
- LMD Global Enqueue service Daemon
- LCK0 Instance Enqueue process
- DIAG Diagnostic process
- RMSn Oracle RAC management process
- RSMN Remote Slave Monitor
13. SVRCTL & CRSCTL
- What is SRVCTL?
- What is CRSCTL?
- Difference between SRVCTL and CRSCTL
- Frequently used SRVCTL commands (Practical)
- Frequently used CRSCTL commands (Practical)
- Deprecated commands in Oracle Clusterware 11g release 2
14. NEED FOR VIP IN RAC
- NEED FOR VIP demonstration (Practical)
15. VIP FAILOVER DEMONSTRATION
- VIP FAILOVER demonstration (Practical)
16. Node Eviction
- What is NODE EVICTION?
- What is Network Heartbeat?
- What is Disk Heartbeat?
- Rebootless Fencing Log files review for node eviction
- Top 4 Reasons for Node Eviction
- Node eviction demonstration (Practical)
- What is SCAN?
- Why we need SCAN?
- How Client Connection to a RAC database works in pre-11gR2 releases?
- What are the advantages of using SCAN How the SCAN Works?
- Drawback of SCAN?SCAN FAQ?
18. RAC Load Balancing & TAF
- What is Workload management in RAC?
- Load balancing in RAC
- Connect time load balancing
- Run time load balancing
- Connect Time Connection Failover
- Transparent application failover (TAF)
- Types of TAF failover
- Types of Patching Strategy in RAC
- Rolling patch
- Applying PSU Patch to a 2 node RAC (Practical)
20. RAC – Single Instance Conversion
- RMAN Duplicate database to Single Instance from active database (Practical)
- RMAN Duplicate database to Single Instance using backups (Practical)
21. RAC – RAC data refresh
- RMAN Duplicate database from source 2 node RAC to target 2 node RAC (Practical)
22. RAC Services
- What is a service?
- Service Creation (Practical)
- Relocate service (Practical)
23. Server Pools
- Introduction to Server pools
- Types of Server pools in RAC 11gr2
- Oracle RAC 11gR2 Policy Managed Database Creation using DBCA (Practical)
- Convert Administrator-Managed Database to Policy-Managed Database (Practical)
- Convert Policy-Managed Database to Administrator-Managed Database (Practical)
24. Real Time Interview Questions & Answers